PhD degrees are offered in the following areas:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Geosciences
Admission to the PhD Program is open to all qualified UAE nationals and selected non-nationals. Outstanding graduates with excellent academic credentials, who are highly motivated to undertake a challenging and rigorous graduate program of study and research in one of the PI programs, are invited to apply. They will be expected to have at least a relevant master’s degree from a - recognized university.
Students interested in pursuing PhD Programs should apply to the PI electronically following the procedures outlined below. Once received, the application is sent directly to the relevant academic department for a recommendation on admission.
The following general criteria apply to all applicants:
- A relevant master’s degree from a recognized university in the same or related discipline.
- A minimum master’s CGPA of 3.25 (on a scale of 4.0)
- A minimum TOEFL score of 91 (iBT) or a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5
(Language proficiency examination requirement are waived only for native English speakers).
- A minimum GRE Quantitative score of 155 (700 on the old scale).
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Statement of purpose
- Copy of GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) scores
- Copy of CV (including education, list of publications, awards, professional experience, etc.)
- Name and email address of 3 referees (preferably university/professional email address)
The followings are required once you are selected for admission:
Please provide the required information of 3 referees in the References Section of the online application form.
Students wishing to apply to the PhD Program should submit completed applications by the following dates:
Full Time Application Deadline
31 May 2017
Failure to submit the required application documents may result in the cancellation of the application
Additional information concerning admission criteria may be found in the Graduate Catalog.
Interested candidates with outstanding academic record from a regionally recognized university are requested to apply online.