Faculty are responsible for developing specific research projects and groups, as well as obtaining research funding. Research funding opportunities exist through a variety of channels including:
- Established Research Funding Program (ERFP)
- Individual OPCO-Specific funding
- The Gas Research Center (a funded research center)
- ADNOC R&D Challenges Program
- Start-up Funds for New Faculty
- Research Initiation Fund Program (RIFP) for all faculty
PI is investing heavily in human and physical research infrastructure. To support research management at PI the R&D organization been divided into 3 main areas:
- The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) which provides support, information and guidance to faculty related to obtaining and managing funded research projects.
- The Operation and Development Office (O&D) which is in charge of the daily operation of the ADRIC.
- The Research Engagement Office (REO) which facilitates research between faculty from various disciplines.